Toddlerhood started a year ago for our son (almost, he’s two next month, where’s the tissues!) I wish I had started this when I started the blog as there will be many moments I’ve missed. This will be a great thing to look back on and if any future girlfriends feel brave enough to attend a family meal, I will be more than happy to go through these, while our son squirms in his seat. [insert sneaky chortle]
- Standing him in the window and hiding behind the blinds whilst he stares at passers-by. This was a great boredom killer and became a favourite with the street, until we moved.
- Learning to say frog, which sounds more like ‘f*ck’, when we are in public we have to reiterate that he really does mean ‘frog’
- Calling his sister Ian, when he really means Mia
- Saying ‘umm, no’ to any question
- Saying ‘ay’ instead of yes followed by a creepy smile if the ‘ay’ is to something like milk
- Laying down regularly in shops
- Wanting to be naked all the time
- Doing a dance which resembles the famous Inbetweeners dance from the film
- Finding it hilarious when anyone, other than him, hurts themselves
Next week will be an update from the week. Parents of toddlers know, a lot can happen in a week!