If you don’t have a slow cooker then follow the recipe and put everything in a large lidded pan, bring to the boil and simmer for an hour or until the veg is soft.
This recipe serves 3 adults but in our house it served 2 adults 1 toddler and a baby (no sausage), with some freezer portions left over.
- 6 Good Quality Pork Sausages (Porky Whites)
- 1 Large Onion (chopped)
- 1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
- 1 Tin Cannelini Beans (400g)
- 1 Tin Butter Beans (400g)
- 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Large Carrot (thickly sliced)
- 4 Sticks of Celery (sliced)
- 2tbsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- Fry the sausages (in a pre-heated pan with 1tsp oil) on a medium heat for 5-6 minutes turning constantly. Once the sausages are starting to brown, add the onion and garlic and fry for a further minute until the onion softens.
- Once the sausages have browned nicely and the onions are soft, add all ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Leave in the slow cooker for 5-6 hours on high or 10 hours on low. (I put it on low at 9am and it was perfect to eat at 5pm for the children and again at 8pm for us)