This recipe serves 4 adults but in our case, 2 adults, 1 toddler and a baby with 4 freezer portions left.
- 500g Beef Mince
- 1 Large Onion (chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 2tsp Ground Cumin
- 1tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Red Chilli (de-seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 Peppers Any Colour, We Used Green And Orange (de-seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 Tin of Kidney Beans (400g)
- 1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes (400g)
- 2tbsp Tomato Puree
- Dry-fry the mince and onion in a large pan for 10 minutes (until mince has browned and is tender) stirring and breaking up the mince regularly
- Add the garlic to the pan and fry for a further minute
- Stir in the Ground Cumin, Dried Oregano, Red Chilli, Peppers. Heat for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the rest of the ingredients, bring the pan to the boil and simmer for half an hour (until all ingredients are as tender as preferred)
This recipe can be served with rice or crusty bread, whichever you prefer. Enjoy!